Notice is given to all members of The Hawkes Bay Branch of the Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Incorporated (known as “SPCA Hawkes Bay”) that a Special General Meeting of SPCA Hawkes Bay is to be held:
- on 6 September 2017
- at Omarunui Bowling Club, 24 Lee Road, Taradale
- commencing at 6pm.
This Special General Meeting is convened by the Committee of SPCA Hawkes Bay pursuant to rules B9.3 and B9.6 of the RNZSPCA Branch Rules (2017).
The purpose of this Special General Meeting is to discuss and vote on the following matters:
- THAT the minutes of the Special General Meeting of SPCA Hawkes Bay held on 12 July 2017 be approved;
- THAT SPCA Hawkes Bay will transfer into RNZSPCA at midnight on 31 October 2017 to form One SPCA in accordance with the RNZSPCA Constitution and Transition Regulations, with the effect that from 1 November 2017, RNZSPCA will be responsible for the governance, management and operations of the SPCA Hawkes Bay in accordance with the RNZSPCA Constitution;
- THAT if resolution (2) is approved:
- THAT the ownership and rights, title and interest in the assets of the SPCA Hawkes Bay are to be transferred to RNZSPCA at midnight on 31 October 2017 by way of gift to RNZSPCA for use as it sees fit in accordance with its Purposes, except for some or all of the assets (as decided by the members at the SGM) to be transferred to RNZSPCA subject to any terms and conditions, (subject to approval by the RNZSPCA Board);
- THAT all the liabilities of SPCA Hawkes Bay, including any contingent liabilities, are to be transferred into RNZSPCA at midnight on 31 October 2017 in accordance with any terms and conditions set out in the Agreement Recording an Intention to Transfer In between RNZSPCA and SPCA Hawkes Bay, dated 18 July 2017;
- THAT any surplus assets and liabilities of SPCA Hawkes Bay acquired or incurred by SPCA Hawkes Bay after midnight on 31 October 2017 to be transferred to RNZSPCA immediately upon them being acquired or incurred;
- THAT any two of three persons, as decided by the members at the SGM, be authorised on behalf of SPCA Hawkes Bay take all the necessary steps (including agreeing and signing a Deed of Gift and other necessary documents) to give effect to the above resolutions;
- THAT RNZSPCA and its lawyers be authorised to file such documents, consent and authorities as necessary on behalf of SPCA Hawkes Bay to give effect to the above resolutions (including with Land Information New Zealand and the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand); and,
- THAT after satisfaction of all the steps necessary to give effect to the resolutions in (a) to (e), that RNZSPCA be authorised to request the Registrar of Incorporated Societies to dissolve The Hawkes Bay Branch of the Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Incorporated.
- Whether or not a Memorandum of Wishes, setting out the wishes or intended plans of the Centre should be completed by the Centre, for the RNZSPCA Board and CEO to take into account in making decisions affecting the Centre in the future.